Saturday, August 15, 2020

Lockdown

 Hi bloggers,

I couldn't believe that lockdown would come again. But it did. I don't like lockdown and that's because you have to: 

  • Stay home
  • You can't go into another bubble
  • Can't go to school or work
  • Stay in your bubble
  • Can't do normal shopping
  • Can't buy all the things you want to buy
Also, the things you can do are:
  • Take a walk
  • Go on a small ride, but don't get out of the car
  • Play games at home
  • Watch T.V
  • Help your parents with chores
  • Sit down on a chair outside and relax in the sun
  • Make a homemade basketball hoop out of paper and cardboard
  • Get creative by making things
  • Do some exercises
  • Play some video games, but dont get too addictive to it.
You can do more things and get creative at home. During the last few days i got creative at home. My brother asked me ¨should we make a basketball hoop¨. I said yes so we made it. We finished making the basketball hoop so we made some paper basketballs and wrote a name on it from a basketball team. 

If you want to know how to make it then keep reading. The things we used were:
  • Sellotape
  • Stapler
  • Pencil
  • Ruler
  • Blu-tack
  • Two A2 pieces of paper
  • Some A4 pieces of paper (For the paper basketballs)
We made our Basketball hoop with two big pieces of paper. We first made a square from one of the papers and with the other we made into a long piece of paper. Then, we rolled up the long piece of paper and sellotaped it on the square piece of paper. 
Our basketball hoop looks like this:


My school was going to have a great week but then lockdown came. The things my school was going to do were Character Book Dress Up day, Book sale, Film making and more. 
What did you do during the last few days of lockdown? What things did your school/work have but then lockdown came?



Stay safe, Stay at home, Save lives, Help Unite Against Covid-19, Wear a glove if you need to, Wear a mask if you need to, Wear a mask and gloves if you need to, Please dont fight over toilet paper and stay in your bubble.



10 comments:

  1. Kia ora Neha. I like how your list of things you can do is bigger than the list of things you can't do! That's very positive. I also enjoyed that you explained how your made you hoop so that others can have a go. I think you'd make a good teacher! Maybe you could still do you book dress up day at home? And I might set a little film challenge so look out for that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil,
      Thanks for the comment. I had some fun making the hoop. Maybe i will make a good teacher but i think that i will make a good teacher because even Mrs Odean said im a good teacher. Yes I can do the book character dress up day at home. I will look out for you little film challenge. What did you do during the last few days of lockdown?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for asking Neha. I'm lucky that I live near the beach ad there are lots of nice walks to do. I'm also trying to write a poem every day. Are you trying anything new?

      Delete
    3. Wow you are lucky you live near the beach Phil. I live close to the beach but a little far. Im trying to read two or three chapters of a book. Im trying to do: Reading chaper books, Going for walks.

      Delete
  2. Hi Neha,
    I hope your doing well thanks for all of your great ideas
    You gave me for what you should do. I really enjoyed these
    Ideas you gave me. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Makeleta,
      Your welcome Makeleta. I like giving people suggestions. You too stay safe.

      Delete
  3. Hi Neha,
    Your blog post is amazing!I like how you've included on things you can't do, and you can do. I also like how you have showed us how to make your own basketball hoop. Can you make the hoop bigger? Because what if your basketball is too big?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mahrosh,
      I like giving people suggestions so that others know too. We can make the hoop bigger. Our basketball was not too big, it was only the size of one paper scrunched up into a ball and around it another paper.

      Delete
  4. hi Neha i like your work how long did it
    take you to do that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mehdi,
      Thanks for the comment. Really appreciate it. I took me one hour to do it.

      Delete