Friday, January 15, 2021

SLJ - Day 7 Activity 2

 Hi bloggers,


Today my task was called 'The treasure code'. I had to make three different slides for this because I wanted it to be extra detailed and I made two videos. My first slide and second slide was the kick start activity. The last slides and the 2 video are apart of the 'Stepping it up activity'. I did my video in my brothers room. I accidentally said 'so the' at the end. It was a mistake. Here are my slides that I finished first:



Here are my slides that I finished second and made a treasure code of my own:


Here my step it up slides:



Ahh so many slides are there? Haha well this last one is two videos. Here are my videos:
Part one:




Part two: Last one

Here is one of my own codes:

FOKFDUTIDLSUBLISCQOCUBBEHOHX

Here is a clue: It is three things I like to do. This bit is the part where I am saying 'I like to do': FOKFDUTID

This bit says three things that I like to do but I can't tell you because that's what you have to figure out: LSUBLISCQOCUBBEHOHX. There is an 'x' at the end because there was one letter out. So the 'x' at the end doesn't mean anything. 

If you know what my code says then comment down below. 

Bye everyone. Have a totally awesome day

12 comments:

  1. Hey my name is Kali,
    I really like how you explained how to use the play fair code. Next time you should leave a sentence that is in play fair code and let the viewers try to uncode it. This reminded me of when I did this task. I wish you the best!

    Nga mihi,
    Kali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kali,

      Thanks for commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it. When I do my work I want my work to help people understand. I don't quite get what you mean there in your second sentence. I wish you the best too!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Neha

    It’s Shannon here from the Summer Learning Journey.

    What an awesome job you have done with this blog post. I worked out the clue and it said ‘This beach has a pathway with sand’, but sadly I have no idea which beach you are thinking of. I wondered if it was Tunnel Beach in Dunedin, because it has a path and sand? Maybe you could let me know if I am right?

    Thank you for making such descriptive videos on coding. It was great to hear you explaining how the code works. Perhaps you could put an example on your blog for others to try, because you explained it so well, I am really keen to have a go myself.

    Ka pai Neha

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Shannon,

      Thanks for commenting on my blog. I appreciate it.

      That is exactly what it said but the Tunnel Beach in Dunedin is wrong. It is wrong but the answer is Long Bay Beach in Long Bay.

      Oh your welcome. I always love to finish my task. I will quickly do one right now and put it in the post. Have a great day!

      Delete
    2. Hi Neha,

      Oh no, it was a good hint though!

      I can't quite work out your clue! Can you give me a hint?

      Bye for now,
      Shannon (SLJ)

      Delete
    3. HI Shannon,

      Yeah it was a good hint. Good Job!

      Oh well thats sad. I will give you a clue. Its three things that I like to do.

      Thanks

      Delete
  3. Hi Neha,

    Does it say I like to do art, maths, and reading?

    Have I got it?

    Can you crack this code, it uses the Caesar cipher: VXPPHU OHDUQLQJ MRXUQHB

    Bye for now,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Shannon,

      Yes it does! Good job.

      Yes you have.

      Ok let me figure it out. One thing how many times does it shift by?

      Delete
    2. Hi Neha,

      It shifts by 3 so 'A' now becomes 'D'

      Good luck!
      Shannon (SLJ)

      Delete
    3. HI Shannon,

      Ok thanks. Does it say 'Summer learning journey'?

      Delete
    4. Hi Neha,

      Yes it does! Well done! Have you found any more codes from any of your classmates?

      Bye for now,
      Shannon (SLJ)

      Delete
    5. HI Shannon,

      Oh that's cool. Yes I have but most of them are the ones on kick start. But I will try find some to put on my post.

      Thanks

      Delete